Wes From, CFP, CLU, CHFC
Certified Financial Planner
Background information . . .
Wes From has been a financial security advisor since 1986, and has earned the Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant designations. He’s also a commissioner of oaths for the province of Manitoba.
Wes and his wife Laurie have five children. During his free time, Wes has coached hockey and soccer, chauffeured his kids to their numerous events, and earned a spot in the Guinness World Book of Records as a member of the team that currently holds the record for marathon curling. He’s also donated his time to various volunteers’ activities, from facilitating personal financial security planning courses and serving as financial chairman for a local charity, to serving on the board of directors of the local ADVOCIS chapter and fundraising for Cystic Fibrosis.
What Wes’ clients have come to expect . . .
Wes’ relationship with clients starts with the development of a comprehensive financial security plan based on the “Six Step Financial Plan” developed by the Canadian Association of Financial Planners.
1) Gain an understanding of current financial status
2) Clarification of values and short and long-term goals
3) Identify gaps/issues creating barriers between current status and goals
4) Explore written alternatives to resolve these gaps/issues
5) Implementation of most suitable solution to bridge gaps and help attain goals
6) On-going review, revision and further implementation of financial security plan
As part of this plan and based on each client’s situation and needs, Wes also provides budget management advice, investment planning, risk management solutions, and a review of various tax and estate planning aspects.
Wes’ investment philosophy is essentially conservative in nature. Operating within each client’s risk profile, an investment portfolio is structured to help achieve long-term growth without undue risk.